20090630

The Undead News Thread (20090630.01)

Untitled Yoshihiro Nishimura Project

"Japanese filmmaker/makeup FX artist Yoshihiro Nishimura has tackled all sorts of genre staples and given them his own bizarre spin in his features, from the mutants of TOKYO GORE POLICE to the modern variations on traditional creatures in his new VAMPIRE GIRL VS. FRANKENSTEIN GIRL. While presenting the world premiere of the latter at the currently running New York Asian Film Festival, Nishimura revealed he’ll be tackling the walking dead next.

"'I’m going to work on a film where high-school girls go around running over a bunch of zombies,' he said. 'You heard it here first! I think it will be lighter, but also bloodier than TOKYO GORE POLICE.' Anyone who’s seen the latter knows that’ll be quite a feat."

I can't say that I've ever seen any of this man's work, so I'm not sure how to predict or anticipate his next project. I guess I need to get to watching his other movies.

Source: Fangoria

No comments: